We are Winners


We are Winners!
March 8

Read:  Romans 8:1 – 4, 28 - 39

In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us, - Romans 8:37

The Bible In One year
Judges 5 – 8

Everybody likes to be a winner, so when we read in Romans 8:37 that we as followers of Christ are “more than conquerors,” we get excited. But what does that phrase mean?

The apostle Paul began Romans 8 by recounting God’s grace in sending His Son Jesus to die to pay the penalty for our sins(vv.1-3). He went on to say that believers also have the help of the Holy Spirit to give us victory over the power of sin in daily life (vv.4- 17)

Paul later talked about Christ’s unfailing love (v.35). some circumstances may make us feel alone and defeated, but in all situations we are conquerors because nothing can “separates us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (v.39)

When I was a boy in Singapore, I experienced a particularly harsh punishment. I was forced to kneel on the thorny skin of a durian (a large Asian Fruit). I become angry, and bitterness consumed me. But when I learned of God’s love for me and I put my faith in Christ, He not only forgave my sin but taught me to forgive others. No longer was I imprisoned by my sin or anger. I began to discover that “we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (v.37).

Because of Christ and His unfailing love for us, we are winners! – Albert Lee

Although this life will bring us pain,
Our faith in Christ can help us see
That if we will obey His Word
He’ll give us joy and victory. – Sper

Think less of the power of things over you and more of the power of Christ in you.

Post a Comment